Pair of iron ball finials museum-mounted as table lamps, French circa 1870, originally used to protect wooden courtyard doors from carriage wheels. They would be mounted into the ground about 18″ inside the opening to keep the wheels from scraping the doors when entering a courtyard. Now mounted as an interesting pair of table lamps with custom shades.
height: 32 in. 81.25 cm., diameter: 20 in. 51 cm.